Internationally Pakistani passports are issued in Dubai, Riyadh, Jeddah, New Delhi, Rome, Oslo, Stockholm, Frankfurt, London, New York, Los Angeles and Toronto.
Pakistani passports are issued to the citizens of Pakistan for the purpose of international travel. Directorate General Immigration and Passports of Ministry of Interior is responsible for issuing the passport
- Diplomatic Passport
- Official Passport
- Ordinary Passport
- Hajj Passport
Pakistani citizens are allowed visa-free access to approximately 30 countries and territories for short-term tourism visits.
Requirements for obtaining a Pakistani Passport
1. Application for New passport in Lieu of Expired or Exhausted passport
All applicants should submit:
1. Old passport.
2. Original Pakistan National Identity Card along with a photocopy.
3. Four passport size (2X2, Front Face) latest photographs.
4. Application Forms: “A”, “T” and Memorandum.
Note: Applicants who are under 18 years of age should submit RG-II (Registration Form “B”) in original along with photocopy. In absence of either National Identity Card or Registration Form RG-II, a restricted passport of one (1) year will be issued. Also a picture Pakistan National Identity card is required for all women otherwise restricted passport will be issued for one year.
2. Application for a Duplicate passport in lieu of Lost passport.
Applicants should submit:
1. Copy of lost passport.
2. Original Pakistan national Identity Card.
3. Police report in original regarding loss of passport.
4. Six passport size (2X2, Front Face) latest photographs.
5. Documentary evidence showing proof of Pakistan nationality, i.e., citizenship certificate, Domicile certificate issued by the Government of Pakistan.
6. If application is forwarded by mail, a notarized Affidavit with one notarized photograph on it is submitted.
Note: In addition to the above requirements, New/Duplicate passports will be issued to Pakistan nationals only after Police Verification from Pakistan. In cases which are exempt from police verification, passport will be delivered on the 15th day of submission of application with ordinary fee and the next day with urgent fee.
Fee in US Dollars for a Pakistani passport:
New (ordinary) New (urgent)
1.46.00 120.00 In lieu of Expired
2.92.00 240.00 First Time Lost
3.185.00 480.00 Second Time Lost
Pakistan Visa Application
Procedure for obtaining visa
An applicant for visa is required to fill in the prescribed visa application form complete in all respects and duly signed by him/her. The form is to be submitted to the Consular
Section of the Mission along with the following:
(a) A Valid Passport
(b) Three passport-size latest photographs
(c) Confirmed travel itinerary
(d) Appropriate visa fee
Persons proceeding to Pakistan on specific assignments (business/official) should enclose letters/documents from their sponsors/employees giving all the details such as the nature of assignment, duration etc. Incomplete and unsigned applications will not be processed. The rates of fee for different categories of visa differ from country to country. The applicants are, therefore, advised to check with the concerned issuing authority the visa fee, time required for issuance of visa and any other information. The grant of visa cannot be claimed as a right. The issuing authority may refuse the application without assigning any reason.